Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat - Search History

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2014

Is it possible to search the chat history for entries by a user, rather than just by date?

Seems like a standard thing to me, but don't seem to be able to do it.  Is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2014

This is not currently supported, though it has been requested before. If it is important to you, you can vote for the issue here:

http://help.hipchat.com/forums/138883-suggestions-ideas/suggestions/3647595-search-chat-history-by-user

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2014

Thanks for the clarification. I had already found that and voted on it. I can't quite believe this is something you can't already do. :-(

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2014

Incidentally, if you put the user's @-mention name as part of the search (e.g. "@SteveSweales some search terms") it will limit the results to either 1) messages that actually contain the string "@SteveSweales" or messages from that user. It's not the perfect solution, but does provide a measure of flexibility that might help you out for now.

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2014

Thanks Chris, that really helps! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events