It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error - Unexpected error when installing the addon.

I keep getting this error message when trying to add a plugin.

HipChat Integrations.png

2 answers

Hey Dion!  

Sadly that's not much to go on.  Any chance you can share the relevant log entries so we can try and narrow down the problem?

Thanks!

Hi Cody,

I'm using the cloud version. Do you know where I go to access the log?

Oh, well that's a problem, as the logs are not available to end users in the cloud version of Hipchat.

At this point, I suggest contacting Atlassian directly using the Contact Support link in that error window.  They have direct access to your instance and should be able to help you further.

0 votes
rich Atlassian Team May 31, 2016

Are you using ngrok locally? If so, access http://localhost:4040 to see if HipChat has been able to contact your server. It's hard to diagnose what's going on without more information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,204 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you