Does our existing 500 user Hipchat server license transfer to a 500 User Datacenter license for free

I went through the licensing FAQ here but could not determine if since we have an existing 500 user Hipchat server license if we could switch to Datacenter for free.  Any guidance is appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Sep 08, 2017

Hi Jim,

As long as your HipChat Server license is still valid, you can plug it into a HipChat Data Center installation without doing anything special - the license is interchangeable between HipChat Server and HipChat Data Center.

Similarly, when you renew your HipChat Server license, it will be updated to say that it's for HipChat Data Center, but it will still work in a HipChat Server deployment.

I hope that helps!

Hi jim, As far as I know server license is different from datacenter you cannot switch server for datacenter but you can get some discounts. please contact support team for any license questions.

Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Sep 07, 2017

Based on the new pricing model it looks like your existing 500 user license will be transfered for free, but as @kiran jonnalagadda mentioned, your best bet is to contact support. Here is the link to get Pricing, billing & licensing help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

469 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot