Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HipChat Basic remind you that've hit the 25,000 message history limit?

Larry Ip
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2017

In Slack's free plan, if you hit 10,000 messages in the server, then it will show a banner at the top of your screen every time you log in / open the web page, reminding you that you can't search beyond 10,000 messages into the past and that you can upgrade to a paid plan.

It's just one click to dismiss the reminder, but it's a bit annoying in its frequency. Just wondering if HipChat Basic has a similar reminder at 25,000+ messages, and how often it would appear.

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

A reminder about the history limitation should only show when a message display was limited due to the cap. This generally only happens when attempting to scroll back too far in the history of a chat or when searching for something. I don't believe any banners are shown by default anywhere (although that doesn't preclude them from potentially being shown in the future).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events