Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable confirmation emails in HipChat

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

We are using HipChat server in an intranet environment, it authenticates against our Active Directory (via Crowd).

Is it possible to disable the need to confirm email addresses? We are pretty sure all our AD accounts are valid.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

Since this issue is still not addressed I figured out a workaround for the existing accounts.

1. log into the console of the HipChat server
  2. get the password for the database

DBPASS=$(awk '/"pass"/ {gsub(/[",]/,"");print $2}' /hipchat/config/site.json)
  3. connect to the database

mysql -uroot -p$DBPASS hipchat
  4. confirm all users

UPDATE users SET confirmed=1;
  5. exit

\q

1 vote
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2015

Hi Gerald,

There is no option to disable that from the UI however by right, directory users should no longer have to confirmed their accounts starting from Server v1.2 build 1.2.7 and later. However, users created in previous versions before server upgrade will still need to confirm their accounts. Did your users received the email to confirm their accounts? What is your HipChat server version/build? Can you raise an issue to HipChat Support for further look?

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2015

The version currently running is 1.3 build 1.3.4 (2015.09.17.001901). I don't really remember what version I set up initially (possibly a 1.2 version, it was set up in march 2015), but my Account was the first to be used and I am prompted now to confirm my address again. I found an older confirmation mail from July 2015.

0 votes
Brandon Blackmoor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2017

We have this problem too: our users are authenticated via LDAP, but they all see this "you have not confirmed your account" message when they log in.

hipchat_confirmation_message.png

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2015

Hello,

i also want to disable the confirmation mail in HC Server.

We use Crowd with Active Directory (group a managed within Crowd).

HipChat uses the same directories as Confluence & JIRA. The access to HipChat is restricted on the Crowd application configuration where only the group hipchat-users can authenticate.

We have currently only 10 user license and i fixed this trough a postfix recipients policy.
With 10 user this is no problem. 

Regards,
Tim 

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2015

Yeah, we should probably avoid email confirmation in HC Server.

cc @Helen Hung

Jacob Briggs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2016

Sounds like we have to automatically confirm in bulk or on creation (ie. insert confirmation in the database), can Atlassian provide a work around to avoid this?

This needs to be added as a feature, the confirmation only makes sense when users register themselves to avoid spam, however in a corporate/enterprise environment this adds no value as we delegate control to our Active Directory.

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2016

Hi Jacob, I added an answer describing how to do a bulk confirmation for the existing accounts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events