Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the HipChat API's card support change?

Deleted user April 13, 2017

The HipChat documentation about messages appears to be lot less descriptive compared to what it looked like before. Did the API's card support change in any way? For example it is very unclear from the new documentation what fields are available for cards and whether for example thumbnails can be used as part of an activity type notification?

Based on the original documentation I have came up with a JSON schema for the cards, can anyone actually verify whether this schema still matches up with how HipChat servers accept cards? (The schema files can be found here.)

Is there any possibility that schema violation error messages become more readable and actually helpful? Trying to figure out what went wrong with an error message like the one here is a bit cumbersome..

Additionally I would be very much interested to know whether Atlassian makes the JSON schema for cards available themselves (rather than having to manually deduce it from a table from an old version's documentation).

1 answer

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

Hi Peter, 

How are you doing? :D

We would like to suggest you access https://community.developer.atlassian.com/c/hipchat-development and post this question in there for further help on this and many more questions related to the topic.

Thank you!

Deleted user March 23, 2018

Thanks, no need now. I'm no longer using HipChat/Stride.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events