Confidential and personal content

I store sensitive information that is shared with our company CEO.  It seems that our administrators are able to view my content.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

A system administrator cannot do their job without (inadvertently) gaining access to everything.  You can obfuscate it a lot, and make it a bit more difficult in many ways, but ultimately, someone with system admin rights will always be able to get to your data.

You have to trust your administrators with the information you have in the systems they run.

Trust is not security :) 

True, but irrelevant. 

Jack has mentioned the only solution - keep the data in a system the administrators can't use.

"True, but irrelevant."

In your opinion, perhaps. 

"Jack has mentioned the only solution - keep the data in a system the administrators can't use."

No he didnt. He suggested we should trust them.  There is a difference. 

Really?  Sorry I asked, in both cases. 

This widget could not be displayed.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 24, 2017

You can attach encrypted content and provide the key to the intended audience thru other channels.

But no way to Encrypt automatically inside Confluence I suppose? 

Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 24, 2017

Correct. If the method I offer isn't workable then the only recourse is to accept that the admins can access and discuss this with them as Nic suggests or fina another method of sharing sensitive info.

If you could encrypt it inside Confluence, then an admin can get to it.  Might be convoluted, but they could get to a decrypted version of it in several ways.

Really?  Sorry I asked, in both cases. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Friday in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

229 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you