Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confidential and personal content

Eric McLean August 24, 2017

I store sensitive information that is shared with our company CEO.  It seems that our administrators are able to view my content.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

You can attach encrypted content and provide the key to the intended audience thru other channels.

But no way to Encrypt automatically inside Confluence I suppose? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Correct. If the method I offer isn't workable then the only recourse is to accept that the admins can access and discuss this with them as Nic suggests or fina another method of sharing sensitive info.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2017

If you could encrypt it inside Confluence, then an admin can get to it.  Might be convoluted, but they could get to a decrypted version of it in several ways.

Eric McLean August 25, 2017

Really?  Sorry I asked, in both cases. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2017

A system administrator cannot do their job without (inadvertently) gaining access to everything.  You can obfuscate it a lot, and make it a bit more difficult in many ways, but ultimately, someone with system admin rights will always be able to get to your data.

You have to trust your administrators with the information you have in the systems they run.

Trust is not security :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2017

True, but irrelevant. 

Jack has mentioned the only solution - keep the data in a system the administrators can't use.

"True, but irrelevant."

In your opinion, perhaps. 

"Jack has mentioned the only solution - keep the data in a system the administrators can't use."

No he didnt. He suggested we should trust them.  There is a difference. 

Really?  Sorry I asked, in both cases. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events