Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat with others, too

Allan Sorenson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2016

I have the app installed on my desktop.  I wish to be able to chat with my spouse.
How can I add her to my app (and she's not visible to the whole company, of course)?

2 answers

1 vote
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2016

I'd suggest creating your own private HipChat group. It's free. If you use the Mac client, you can log into both your work HipChat group and your personal HipChat group at the same time and easily tab back and forth between them. If you use a Windows computer, you could use the Windows HipChat client for one group and a web browser for the other.

0 votes
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Allan,

You can create a private room "ChatWithAllanAtWork" and enable guest access to that room, then share the guest access URL to your partner. This is possible if your HipChat admin allows guest access and private rooms.

Allan Sorenson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2016

This seems like it might work. She could connect to the private room in the web app at least.  How does she use the URL in the (Mac) desktop app?

danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2016

One thing to be aware of in this solution is that history will not be preserved for the guest user. Each time she logs in or starts a new session, all of the previous history will be wiped out. That could be a good or bad thing ; )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events