Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change accounts on Hipchat for Mac

Matt Spector
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2018

One of our employees changed their email domain so we made a new hipchat account for them and disabled the old one. She has no problem logging into the web app, but for the Mac desktop app, it won't let her switch accounts. It always defaults to the old email and no button will let her log in with a different account (we've tried everything). Even completely uninstalling the client and reinstalling it still has her old email locked in. Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2018

Hello, Matt.

Some of the important points that I would like to discuss here are:

but for the Mac desktop app, it won't let her switch accounts

Did the user tried to log out from the existing account in the first place using the menu drop down?

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 11.01.53.png

Once logged out, the user can click on the Forget this account to completely remove it from the client.

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 11.02.08.png

It always defaults to the old email and no button will let her log in with a different account (we've tried everything)

As you noticed from the first screen shot I provided above, users should have the ability to log in to another team. Has the user tried to click on that option to log in using the new email?

Additionally, can you confirm if the account you are referring to is associated the Qualer HipChat Cloud group?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events