Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install or create a server Jira.

Ahmad_Amri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2020

Previous mission,
I recently installed Jira to try used on the local network. Then I tried to make Hipchat but I was confused because all about Hipchat led to an address i.e. https://www.atlassian.com/partnerships/slack.
Please help to make the hipchat.

1 comment

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hi Ahmad, welcome to the Community!

I understand you've got a Jira Server installed, and might be looking for an on-premise chat solution. Almost two years ago, Atlassian made the decision to step out of the chat market, which led to sunsetting Hipchat (including the on-premise Server version). As a result, we recommend people take a look at Slack as our preferred alternative for chat.

If you're looking for something that runs on your local network along with your local Jira, I'd suggest trying Rocket.Chat Server. It's free if you're hosting it yourself, and integrates nicely with Jira Server. This would be the closest alternative to Hipchat Server.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events