Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fisheye managed git repositories

Edward Ciramella October 6, 2011

In the world of gitorious/github, when a new repository is created, I'd like to upload my public key so from my desktop, I can work with ssh keypair authentication - how can I do this?

It seems like behind the scenes, fisheye will generate a keypair - but it's not clear what that's for - communication between fisheye and the new repository?

3 answers

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2011

Hi Edward,

As Seb said, we don't support key based authentication for managed repositories just yet. However there is an issue open at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3771 - if you'd like to see this feature implemented, please add your comments or vote there!

If entering your password each time you perform a push or pull is getting old, you can set up permanent credentials for using basic authentication to connect to your FishEye server via a .netrc file, as described in this knowledge base article.

cheers,

Tim

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2011

Hi Edward,

When connecting to an external Git repository, FishEye can be configured to use a key pair for ssh authentication. In this way, FishEye becomes a consumer of the origin repository, much like your desktop would when cloning from gitorious or github.

However, when you configure FishEye to host and manage a Git repository, there is currently no support for using ssh keys for authentication when cloning from FishEye; user/pass is currently the only option. The authentication section is actually not used and will be removed when creating managed repositories.

We hope to provide key based authentication for managed repositories soon.

Regards,

Seb

0 votes
Edward Ciramella October 6, 2011

I guess another way to think about this is with a fisheye managed git repository, fisheye is playing middle man.

So after fisheye creates a repository and has ssh auth set up, how would a developer connect to that repository - where does _that_ public key go?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events