Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download file from fisheye

Mitchell Amihod December 2, 2015

Hi

Using fisheye + crucible at work: Atlassian FishEye analysis with Crucible code review. (Version:3.9.1 Build:20150910131426 2015-09-10)

Reviewing a file which is not part of a repo - it was uploaded as an attachment.

Is there any way to actually download or view the raw file under review? Seems like this should be something obvious, but I can't find a way to do that.

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Hi Mitchell,

I see that, in fact, Crucible doesn't offer the download option for attached files (while it does for files that come from a repository).

For now I don't have a solution to offer, but I found there's a feature request open for this - please see it at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-6308. Please feel free to vote and add any comments to it, as well as adding yourself as a watcher so you can track its progress directly. You may refer to Atlassian's policy for the implementation of new features.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Mitchell Amihod December 3, 2015

Thanks everyone for the answers. Would have responded sooner with clarifications, but Answers system wouldn't let me.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

It works for me.  Is that not what you are referring to?  Screenshots:

Document download.jpg

download screen.jpg

Text File Diff.jpg

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2015

Hi Tini, Thanks for your input. In my understanding, Mitchell wants the ability to download attached files for which the source code is displayed, which doesn't offer a download option. If this is in fact the case, I'd recommend referring to the feature request I mentioned previously. In fact, non-rendered files offer the download link, but just because they can't be displayed. Regards, Gustavo Refosco

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2015

Ahh, in that case, as a workaround, I'd asked the reviewer to wrap it in a zip/tar, which is downloadable, and attach code files that way.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2015

Firefox seems to handle it better than IE.  Just click on the attached file in the left menu and it should display the filename on the right, with a box offering "Download Revision XXXXX". 

If it's an unsupported filetype (PDF or Office), Crucible won't offer inline commenting.  I've found that sometimes Crucible gets confused and attempts to load a diff view anyway.  Switch browsers.

If it's a supported filetype, Crucible should display the text and offer the ability for inline commenting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events