Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Wich password do I need to authenticate the Jira User-DB in Crucible? (See Screenshot)

Hello everyone,

I have a short question, that a JIRA Admin could answer for me: I want to set up the authentication for our new crucible server to mirror the user database of our JIRA server. For that I need a password, but the JIRA admins in my department don't know wich password I mean by "application password".

Is there a general admin password in JIRA without a user name like in crucible? Or do I need a Database password?

Best regards

Leonard Schimmel

3.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Leonard,

You need to first go to JIRA, and under Admin section User Management --> JIRA USer Server and add application name and password their and then use this password in Crucible.

You can refer below link which mentions detailed procedure for the same

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/allowing-other-applications-to-connect-to-jira-for-user-management-233767143.html

Taha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Just dropped! New Lightning Talks: Marketplace episodes

Hi everyone! Want to learn how customizing your Atlassian apps can improve workflows, enhance teamwork, and boost efficiency across your organization? Check out our new, 15-minute Lig...

82 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian Community Events