Why does Fisheye show my last commit date as '31 Dec 69'

We are using subversion as our repository, and have indexed starting from about 18 months ago.  I was 3 years old in 1969, so I am sure I did not make a commit at that time.  What gives?

fisheye svn commits.PNG

It appears the bad commit is the one Fisheye created when I imported the repository:

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Sorry. The initial import commit is a synthetic commit created to capture the state of the repository at the point of the initial import. It's date is set to the epoch date because it needs to have a value and this value should keep it out of the way of the real commits in the repository. 

Does this cause a problem?

Well sure its a problem. It throws of the line history, commit stats, and numerous reports as well. I would certainly consider this a bug. Is there a work-around to change the date on that synthetic commit in the database?

0 vote

It would seem that some of your commits do not have dates and FishEye applies the Java "epoch" date which is 1-Jan-1970. I guess this is then being time zone adjusted into 1969.

Can you check the commit that is showing up in that time region and then have a look at it in Subversion to see why it might not have a date.

The bad commit was a "fake" commit created by Fisheye when it did the import - I attached the screenshot to my question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

374 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot