Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Crucible is Slow When Accessing From Domain

Edwin Lunando
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2018

Hi, i'm just finished setup Crucible, when I access it from direct IP it works well. I tried syncing some repository, no problem at all. But, when I setup a specific domain like crucible.company.com, it is very slow(up to one minute response time) to access every crucible page. 

I already tried to fill in the proxy settings, but it is still slow. I still used the hsql database.

Here is the example using direct IP.

direct_ip.png

Here is while using domain.

domain.png

It seems that the assets response is very slow. e.g.

/s/071963bba1dc30251c74ac7b39308354-CDN/20180123082048/1/5.8.15/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-lozenge/com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-lozenge.css 

takes longer than 60 seconds to be served. It is like the server is compiling the assets or some sort of it. Any idea? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
daniele_carcasole
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2018

Hi Edwin,

But, when I setup a specific domain like crucible.company.com, it is very slow(up to one minute response time) to access every crucible page. 

I already tried to fill in the proxy settings, but it is still slow.

The bottleneck could easily be in the proxy itself. Usually one of the first tests we run when something looks off in the instance is exactly to remove the proxy layer and check if the issue persists.

Could you give us some extra info on your configuration like:

• machine specs (RAM, CPU, I/O)
  • what are you using as reverse proxy?
  • is the reverse proxy installed on the same machine than Fisheye or are you configuring SSL in Jetty directly?

I still used the hsql database.

Despite probably not being the cause of this specific issue this is usually a huge factor when it comes to performance. You should move your data to an external DBMS using [Migrating to an external database|https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/migrating-to-an-external-database-298976835.html].

If you have no specific requirement on which DBMS to use I would suggest you to go for [Postgres|https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/migrating-to-postgresql-298976837.html] so you will not need to provide the driver to Fisheye/Crucible, but this is only my personal taste...feel free to use any of the other supported DBMS.

Daniele

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events