Using Fisheye in Jira on demand

Finn Harsfort December 21, 2011

Hi Atlassian

We are the happy users of your brilliant JIRA on demand product. We are currently running a Fisheye evaluation on our JIRA ondemand.

We wanted to use Mecurial, but it seems that Fisheye is already configured for SVN.

How do we change this, or is Mucurial not supported in the ondemand version?

If not, when is it expected to be supported?

Can we start using SVN now and later migrate repository to Mecurial?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2011

Hi there,

Mercurial isn't currently supported by FishEye OnDemand because the bundled version is v2.5.7, whereas Mercurial is only supported from FishEye v2.7 onwards. I know that our developers are working hard to get the latest version of FishEye bundled for the OnDemand platform but due to the differences in architecture it takes a while to port the applications over and a while longer to implement all the customisations for the application to be truly available "OnDemand".

I'm not aware of a date when FishEye v2.7 will be bundled on the OnDemand platform but I do know that our developers only ever release products when they're ready, rather than to deadlines that have been set and must be met whether the product is ready or not. Therefore, the best answer I can give you at the moment regarding Mercurial support for FishEye OnDemand is that it will be available soon. However, you can start using SVN and then later migrate the repository to Mercurial. There are a number of tools available to assist you with the conversion, but I would suggest doing some research before committing to it as a solution.

All the best,

John

0 votes
ShridharS November 11, 2012

Hi

Can anybody please tell me the procedure of "How to configure the SVN subversion with Fisheye for source repository" in JIRA atlassain Ondemand?

This is on high priority and it will be highly appreciated on providing the information.

Thanks & Regards,
Shridhar Samala

0 votes
Rob June 26, 2012

I assume this is still the case? I'm currently evaluate Jira / Fisheye and other plugins. But also can't seem to configure fisheye for GIT in bitbucket

Thanks

Rob

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events