Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Fisheye 2.7.3

Tim Bradt November 9, 2011

Our tech lead installed fisheye 2.7.3 and now wants me to uninstall it and then install 2.7.5 (not sure why he doesn't want 2.7.6). I've looked all over and can't find any instructions on how to uninstall it. I find instructions on how to uninstall the plugin from JIRA, but I need to uninstall fisheye itself. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sander Brienen [Avisi]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

Why uninstall when you want to upgrade to the new version?

Upgrade instructions can be found here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/FishEye+Upgrade+Guide

But if you really want to uninstall first. That is as easy as removing the installtion directory and the database. But uninstalling is only recommended when you don't want to use Fisheye anymore. Upgrade if you want to continue using fisheye.

Oh, and don't forget: TEST FIRST! Test the upgrade on a staging environment.

Simply copy the FISHEYE_HOME dir and the database to a staging server. Change the database settings in the moved fisheye config on the staging server and start fisheye again.

Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2011

Just make sure you don't 'downgrade' a later version of fisheye into an earlier version. Fisheye doesn't support downgrading, and doing so can corrupt the database, rendering the instance unusable. Otherwise, just deleting the fisheye installation directory after shutting down fisheye will remove it from your system.

Tim Bradt November 10, 2011

He only experimented, so there is nothing we care to save. We can start clean.

I had suspected it was just a matter of removing the installation directory, but wasn't sure since I hadn't done the original install and noticed there was a service running for it. I had found the upgrade instructions (thank you for the link) but was still unsure about the service. As it turns out, he had just found a fisheye service wrapper that added that and I simply needed to re-run that with the "remove" switch.

Thanks for your time.

Jeremy Kryvanis April 27, 2014

I do not agree with just deleting the folders and databases. I have found that when re-installing Fisheye, it does not update the registry settings correctly if anything is changed, such as the installation directory. There really needs to be a true uninstal for Fisheye. How are we, the users, supposed to know what else is left behind that isn't being removed?

2 votes
Jeremy Kryvanis April 27, 2014

I do not agree with just deleting the folders and databases. I have found that when re-installing Fisheye, it does not update the registry settings correctly if anything is changed, such as the installation directory. There really needs to be a true uninstal for Fisheye. How are we, the users, supposed to know what else is left behind that isn't being removed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events