Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping Versions in an Upgrade (From 2.4 to 2.7)

John McAdams April 12, 2012

I have been given the task of upgrading our Crucible/Fisheye instance and we are at version 2.4.2 and I want to go to the 2.7 release and no, we do no have a test instance :(

Is it safe to skip the 2.5 and 2.6 versions since I noticed those versions do make changes to the metadata?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2012

It shouldn't be a problem - see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/FishEye+Upgrade+Guide

A few things to watch out for:

In FishEye 3.0 we've dropped support for Postgres 8 and MySql 5.0 - It's a good idea not to use either of these for 2.7 as well.

If you're using JIRA for user management, then the process wil take a long time due to resync.

John McAdams April 12, 2012

Thanks, I will try the upgrade and vote this up and accept if all goes well. What will be the minimum MySQL supported in 3.0? We're on 5.1 right now, but I could move us to 5.5 when I do this upgrade.

tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2012

5.1 is the minimum, I'd stick with that for now. One less thing to worry about :-)

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2012

Hi John,

As always, please ensure you take a full-backup of the FishEye data directory before attempting to upgrade.

There are some upgrade tasks, which will force a re-index of each repository (not a full re-index, however a re-index of some of the lucene indexes none the same) so you will notice some repositories will not be immediately available. Depending on your repository size, and the number of repos you have, these should be finished within a few hours max however.

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events