Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set reviewer based on committer

David Sykes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2013

Hello,

we are evaluating a combination of JIRA and FishEye/Cubicle as an issue tracking/code review solution. We almost no experience with either product beyond installation and some very simple initial tests.

What we would like to is the following:

1) automatically create a Crucible review on every check-in

2) set the reviewer based on the committer, i.e. each developer in our team has a person who is assigned to review their code. We would like to set that automatically.

It appears that we can do 1) using the reviewcreator plug-in. However, I cannot see how I would go about achieving 2).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

David Sykes

1 answer

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hi David,

This can be achieved by the use of Smart Commits. By using it, you are able to perform actions in Crucible while commiting through your commit messages.

Please take a look at the document above in order to have further information about what are Smart Commits, how they work and, for your case, you will find very useful information under the topics Creating a Review and Adding Reviewers.

David Sykes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2014

Hi Gustavo, thanks for the response. What we are really after is complete automation. A review should be created and assigned to a reviewer without the developer having to remember to enter anything on their commit message. How could we achieve that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events