Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVN organization

carlitos.melgar@izote.net March 27, 2012

Hi,
I'm asking for some guidance on my configuration and organization of source code. I'm using VisualSVN Server for SVN. I'm running Confluence, Jira and Fisheye to track everything and I want to know if my config is ok. I'll try to explain:

Confluence: I have setup one Space for each "Customer" I work with. Only one per Customer and I have different pages for each project we document.

Jira: I have setup one project for each product/project that I have developed for the Customer. Each Customer can have many projects. Usually it's one but as time goes by, we'll be adding more projects per customer.

Fisheye: Here is question. On my SVN, I have setup one repository per Customer to match Confluence's structure. And inside each repository, I have added each project structure. Please see the screnshot attached for clarification. Therefore, Each Jira project will be looking into the corresponding project folder inside the customer's repository.

So my question is: Is this an good practice? Or am I heading to trouble? I would like your advice as this is completely unexplored territory for me.

Thanks,

Carlos

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Carlitos.

It's good to see you again in here :).

I would say that you are doing it right, according to the SVN Best Practices: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/doc/user/svn-best-practices.html

Just a quick note, about the JIRA Project, you can have more then 1 JIRA Project linked with a FishEye Repository with no problems you just have to reference the JIRA Issue on the Commit Message like this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Viewing+an+Issue%27s+FishEye+Changesets

Was this the answer you were looking for? Or can I help you with anything else?

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

0 votes
carlitos.melgar@izote.net August 7, 2012

It's good to know about more than one Jira project per Fisheye repository. I haven't run into that need yet but I'll keep in mind for the future.

Thank you very much!!!

Carlitos

Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Carlitos.

Good to know that my asnwer helped you out :).

Could you please mark this question as accepted?

See you later!

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events