Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running JIRA with Fisheye plugin - is this the correct way to do it? Also cant connect to Fisheye - port isnt listening

shabbaranks January 11, 2012

Ive recently installed JIRA with the Fisheye plugin (although I thought Fisheye was a seperate product??). When I go to the FishEye/Crucible Server and click the link I get page cannot be displayed. The server inwhich Fisheye was installed on isnt even listening on port 8060 and Ive checked services to which all appear to be ok.

Can anyone suggest what else to look at? Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2012

As Joe says, Fisheye is a separate server so sounds like you haven't even installed it, hence your issue. Try that first

shabbaranks January 12, 2012

I notice the reccomendations are install it on a seperate server - but we dont have the hardware currently. Also the throughput isnt that intense so we're going to see how it fairs on the same server as Jira. I installed Fisheye (seperate product) added the environmental path in and restarted the server. Now the server has restarted I am unable to connect to Fisheye on port 8060 - Ive read about installing Fisheye to run as a service but cant find the install directory. Is it literally the folder which I unzipped which holds the bin folder etc?

Thanks

Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2012

@Shabbaranks: you should lodge a support case at https://support.atlassian.com regarding your installation problem - it is probably just a simple case of misconfiguration or something. If you post your log files, may be we can offer more assistance here (but posting logs could reveal information about your setup, which you may or may not care for).

1 vote
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2012

HI Shabbaranks,

JIRA and FishEye are separate products. JIRA comes bundled with a plugin called the 'JIRA FishEye Plugin' that gives you out of the box integration with FishEye.

I don't quite understand what your question is regarding though - are you having problem integrating a running instance of Fisheye with your JIRA instance? Or are you having problem running Fisheye itself?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events