Running JIRA with Fisheye plugin - is this the correct way to do it? Also cant connect to Fisheye - port isnt listening

Ive recently installed JIRA with the Fisheye plugin (although I thought Fisheye was a seperate product??). When I go to the FishEye/Crucible Server and click the link I get page cannot be displayed. The server inwhich Fisheye was installed on isnt even listening on port 8060 and Ive checked services to which all appear to be ok.

Can anyone suggest what else to look at? Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Xie Atlassian Team Jan 12, 2012

HI Shabbaranks,

JIRA and FishEye are separate products. JIRA comes bundled with a plugin called the 'JIRA FishEye Plugin' that gives you out of the box integration with FishEye.

I don't quite understand what your question is regarding though - are you having problem integrating a running instance of Fisheye with your JIRA instance? Or are you having problem running Fisheye itself?
1 vote
Colin Goudie Community Champion Jan 12, 2012

As Joe says, Fisheye is a separate server so sounds like you haven't even installed it, hence your issue. Try that first

I notice the reccomendations are install it on a seperate server - but we dont have the hardware currently. Also the throughput isnt that intense so we're going to see how it fairs on the same server as Jira. I installed Fisheye (seperate product) added the environmental path in and restarted the server. Now the server has restarted I am unable to connect to Fisheye on port 8060 - Ive read about installing Fisheye to run as a service but cant find the install directory. Is it literally the folder which I unzipped which holds the bin folder etc?

Thanks

Joe Xie Atlassian Team Jan 16, 2012

@Shabbaranks: you should lodge a support case at https://support.atlassian.com regarding your installation problem - it is probably just a simple case of misconfiguration or something. If you post your log files, may be we can offer more assistance here (but posting logs could reveal information about your setup, which you may or may not care for).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

84 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you