Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew vs. purchase new license

Marcus Cheng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2014

I am taking over a Fisheye (v2.8) instance from a colleague of mine. However, the Fisheye license has expired since Oct 2012.

If i choose the renew license path, i will have to retroactively paid for the renewal charge all the way from Oct 2012 til Oct 2014. If i purchase a brand new license though, i could enjoy at least til Mar 2015 before i need to renew again, and the cost of getting new license is same as renewing my old expired license.

However, i want to know if i purchase a new license, do i HAVE to upgrade my Fisheye to latest version before i can put the license into it ? or the license can still work with my old Fisheye version for the time being ? This is because I can only wait til later this year before i can upgrade the Fisheye version, but i want to make sure the support is covered with an active license.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2014

No, a licence is valid for all versions up to the latest, so you can slap a new licence into an old server, no upgrade needed.

Some systems (notably Jira and Confluence) have gone through licence format changes, so a new licence won't work in old systems, but you can convert between the formats.

Marcus Cheng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2014

Thanks Nic for your quick clarification. Very helpful!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events