Migrate from MySQL to PostgreSQL

raulgd February 23, 2013

I have a Crowd installation (in the same server I also have JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Fisheye/Crucible and Bamboo), and need to migrate my Atlassian Suite from using MySQL DB server to Postgres because of licensing issues with MySQL.

I see on the documentation that there is a guide for switching databases, but implicates that the target server is installed on another box, but my Atlassian suite is up to date, all I need is switch databases without impacting my already configured installation in that box.

I'm setting the priority to 8hrs. because the window I have for the migration is only this sunday.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi Raul,

The process to migrate to a different database would be the same for migrating on the same server and to another server. You may find the steps as described on the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Migrate+to+Another+Database

Cheers

1 vote
raulgd November 16, 2014

Hi,

Yes, only that it was a more complex process, it wasn't really transparent.

I had to export all the configurations from the apps to the backup XML/zip format, then delete all installations and reinstall them from scracth as if they were new, then import the XML formats.

I expected there was a way to do that without having to reinstall everything, but all the installation files from the application apparently "hardcode" the database configuration, so there was no way for me to do that without reinstalling.

Thanks,

Raul

1 vote
mariocupelli November 14, 2014

Hi Raul,

did you successfully migrate from MySQL to PostgreSQL? Where there any issues?

Thank you any response.

Regards
Marco

0 votes
Huang QinYin February 23, 2018

You can migrate from mysql to postgresql in 3 steps via ESF Database Migration Toolkit:

https://www.easyfrom.net/articles/mysql_to_postgresql/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events