Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Fisheye Repository Link

Dan Hartman October 8, 2012

I have a question regarding linking Jira projects to Fisheye reposotiries so commits show up in the Source tab when viewing a Jira issue. Is it possible to link repositories to Jira itself, instead of specific projects?

Our repositories span multiple projects and can't be linked to a single Jira project. I would rather not have to go into every Jira project and set up a link to every one of our 30+ repositories. This must be possible because I have some of our repositories linked this way, see the attached image. Either this functionality was taken away with a recent update we performed, or I can't find the right configuration screen.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Hartman October 17, 2012

See my last post, doing that "refreshed" the available repositories and linked them within Jira. I have been able to repeat this procedure with the same results.

1 vote
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2012

Do check on the Disable for unmapped JIRA Project in JIRA Administrations > FishEye Configuration as well. I think I missed this one yesterday. Make sure that this is also OFF.

Next, you can check a few more thing:

• if there any error in the Application Link page.
  • if JIRA prompt user to relocate the Application Link page. In this case, delete the existing application link and create a new one.
  • check for the error message related to FishEye in the JIRA log

Dan Hartman October 9, 2012

For the "Disable for unmapped JIRA Projects" setting, it was set to Off. It set it to On, then could not view source or reviews for issues. I set it back to Off so I could see the Source and Review tabs. To my amazement, I could then see commits on issues I was not able to see before that belonged to unmapped projects. Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden new repositories are in my Jira mappings and I can see all commits and reviews.

1 vote
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2012

Hi there,

Please check if the "Force Project Mappings" via _JIRA Administrations > FishEye Configuration_ is turn ON or OFF. If this is ON, only project which are mapped to the repository will be retrieving data from FishEye.

Update us on how it goes on your side ;)

Cheers,

Janet

Dan Hartman October 8, 2012

In Jira, Force Project Mappings os set to 'Off'

0 votes
Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

Hi Sfire.

Yes it is possible to link JIRA Projects to FishEye Repositories. You just have to create an Entity Link from the Repository to the JIRA Project:

1. Go to Administration > Repositories
2. Click on the Gear of the Repository - https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/298977144/fisheye-repositories.png?version=1&modificationDate=1287359853791 - and click on Application Links
3. Click on the Add Link option and chose the JIRA Server > JIRA Project

That should work, please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events