How to modify fisheye interface (logo, header, favicon)

Keaven Martin August 26, 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to make some interface modification in fisheye 2.8 but have difficulty because, i'm thinking, you're using cache system.

I need to modify the header banner (including logo) and the favicon.

Thanks for help.

1 answer

0 votes
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2012

Hi KeavenMartin,

Take a look at this article about customizing FishEye/Crucible logo. That could be helpful.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Keaven Martin August 27, 2012

Hello Macedo,

Thanks for help, but when i modify fecru.png to change logo and I restart the logo doesn't change. I have verify the web page and the image was in the correct file and i view all image in this page via browser http://192.168.1.234:8003/fisheye/static/m8qhao/2static/images/masthead/ (localy), but if I look at the fecru.png image it was the default one and not mine.

Do you have others ideas.

Thanks

LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

Hi,

That's weird! I've tested locally and logo has changed. My steps were:

1. In my case I have FishEye+Crucible so I've stopped application.

2. gone to /fisheye/static/m8qhao/2static/images/masthead/

3. created a backup of original fecru.png

4. replaced original fecru.png for a customized logo keeping the name fecru.png (of course) which is referenced into code.

5. Started application.

Application will start with old logo but when I hit F5 the new logo is loaded and displayed.

Could you please review your steps and make sure you've followed these steps?

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Keaven Martin August 28, 2012

Hello,

I have found the problem, I only have to clean the navigator cache after.

Now I'm trying to modify the favicon .../fisheye/static/m8qhao/images/favicon.ico but this doesn't work. I have clear my browser cas and restart fisheye/crucible.

Do you have one idea?

Thanks

LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

Hey KeavenMartin,

Well the favicon file that you're trying to change is correct. I was able to modify it and my steps were:

1. downloaded a program to convert images to .ico files (I used SimplyIcon);

2. turned a image into .ico file, renamed it to favicon and replaced it into m8qhao/images/ folder;

NOTE: for some reason the SO (windows in my case) keeps displaying the old favicon image even after replacement (well I just ignored that...);

3. Then I've started application and cleaned browser cache (FF in my case)

4. So new favicon has been displayed.

I hope this could help you.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events