I'm trying to make some interface modification in fisheye 2.8 but have difficulty because, i'm thinking, you're using cache system.
I need to modify the header banner (including logo) and the favicon.
Thanks for help.
Thanks for help, but when i modify fecru.png to change logo and I restart the logo doesn't change. I have verify the web page and the image was in the correct file and i view all image in this page via browser http://192.168.1.234:8003/fisheye/static/m8qhao/2static/images/masthead/ (localy), but if I look at the fecru.png image it was the default one and not mine.
Do you have others ideas.
That's weird! I've tested locally and logo has changed. My steps were:
1. In my case I have FishEye+Crucible so I've stopped application.
2. gone to /fisheye/static/m8qhao/2static/images/masthead/
3. created a backup of original fecru.png
4. replaced original fecru.png for a customized logo keeping the name fecru.png (of course) which is referenced into code.
5. Started application.
Application will start with old logo but when I hit F5 the new logo is loaded and displayed.
Could you please review your steps and make sure you've followed these steps?
Well the favicon file that you're trying to change is correct. I was able to modify it and my steps were:
1. downloaded a program to convert images to .ico files (I used SimplyIcon);
2. turned a image into .ico file, renamed it to favicon and replaced it into m8qhao/images/ folder;
NOTE: for some reason the SO (windows in my case) keeps displaying the old favicon image even after replacement (well I just ignored that...);
3. Then I've started application and cleaned browser cache (FF in my case)
4. So new favicon has been displayed.
I hope this could help you.