Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take to "Test Connection" when checking the configuration for an SQLServer 2008 database?

Raye Raskin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

The connection seems to be working but the little "loading" icon is just sitting there swirling, maybe for the last 10 minutes. Shouldn't the test be a little faster than this?

Do I need to shut down all the repositories? I see one of them is still reindexing.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

Should definitely be faster. I hope you might have got an answer by now ;)

0 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

I setup a FishEye testserver with SQL Server 2005 Express the other day.
"Test Connection" took only a few seconds to return (once I had SQL Server configured correctly...).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events