How do I use the Application Link between Jira and Crucible correctly?

L. Schimmel November 2, 2015

Hello Everyone,

After setting up the Crucible Server for our Company I would now like to link the projects from the Crucible Server to their existing counterparts on the JIRA Server.

What I would Like to do is:

1. After reporting a finding in Crucible I would like to create an Issue in JIRA without switching the tools. The new JIRA issue should contain a direct Link to the finding.
  2. Start a review directly from Jira. 

What I already tried is:

1. When I click on the "create Issue" button on a finding, in Crucible, I get the Window you can see in the Screenshot. But there Is an error saying that I can not create the Issue directly because I have not set the due date, which is necessary for every issue on our server. Is there any workaraound for this? The second Problem is: When I create the issue Anyway, I can see no Info regarding the Finding. It just has the same Title as the defect, but there is no visible link to crucbile. (See second screenshot)

Screen 1.PNG

Screen2.PNG

2. I have already Read the documentation regarding that matter. https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/creating-a-review-from-jira-298977462.html But there is a Development panel mentioned, that I fail to see in my JIRA issues. (See Second Scrreenshot above). What I would like to do is browse the files in my SVN repo directly from JIRA and start the review for a file right there. JIRA and Crucible are already linked. (See third Scrennshot)

Screen3.PNG

Do you have any suggestions what I could try next?

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
L. Schimmel November 11, 2015

Hi Marek and thanks for your answer,

1) That sounds plausible. I will contact our JIRA admin to ask if it is possible to remove the due date for projects that are connected to crucible. I guess there is no way to link the Jira issue that is created with the existing configuration, to the finding manually?

2) I tried entering a jira issue key in that field but that did not work. Is there any documentation on that issue?

But even if it worked I would have to switch tools to create the review. Do you have a suggestion what I could try to make the development panel appear that is mentioned in the documentation?

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2015

Hi Leonard,

1) Crucible fails to create JIRA issue directly, because as you've mentioned your Due Date field is a required one. Setting it as non-mandatory field in your JIRA scheme should solve the problem. 

2) In case you create JIRA ticket manually, you can link it to Crucible review in the "Edit Review Details" dialog:

crucible_jira_linking.png

Cheers
Marek 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events