Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you turn off emoticons in Crucible?

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

We have recently disabled JIRA emoticons using the details from this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-18566

However, there doesn't seem to be a corresponding option in Crucible.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the emoticons support in Crucible as for technical details it has a very negative impact on key information being provided and looks unprofessional.

Thanks, Mick

3 answers

0 votes
Renan Battaglin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2012

Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable it at the "objectives" field as the wiki-markup was not implemented in the same way as in JIRA. Instead of XML, the settings are all hard-coded in the Java code.

I've updated the Improvement Request so it can contain all the places that need to be covered (commit messages and review objectives).

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

OK thanks Renan, I appreciate the thurough response.

0 votes
Renan Battaglin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2012

When you say "default" you mean the option under: Admin >> Defaults >> Commit Messages?

This option is used only if the repository didn't have its configuration customized under: Repositories >> click on the repository >> Commit Messages

Is this the case? The repo still has its "Use the system default settings for commit message syntax" option checked and the emoticons are being displayed at the activity stream? If so, please let me know what repo model you are using. I would like to try to reproduce the proplem locally.

Cheers,

Renan

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2012

Sorry Renan, my mistake.

The commit message had been copied into the objectives field for the review. The commit itself does not show the emoticon but the objective does.

Is there an option to set the objectives field to text only?

0 votes
Renan Battaglin
Atlassian Team
June 24, 2012

Hi VegasMick,

Because of the way that the wiki markup in FeCru was implemented, it is not possible to disable only part of it (emoticons).

The only way to disable the emoticons would be to disable wiki markup for the repository (Admin console >> Repositories >> click on the repository >> Commit Messages >> select "Plain Text" in the list box).

I've created the following Improvement Request so that we can have this considered:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4158

Please vote on this issue and add it to your JIRA watch list for future updates.
Also, feel free to add any comments you think are necessary and/or important.

Cheers,

Renan

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

Thanks Renan.

I wasn't aware of the text option for commit messages - so this actually helps out a lot.

BUT, as I look at our current default setting in FeCru, the default is text not wiki markup.

So I am not sure why emoticons are displaying in our commit messages ?? :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events