Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent Crucible review from Close before select reviewers are Complete?

Ernie Thene August 11, 2015

I want to require that selected reviewers in a given review sign off before a review can be completed. Currently we have a few developers that will add domain owners + a few other reviewers, and then once they have a couple senior devs respond (regardless of whether they are the domain owners), the author thinks that is enough and proceeds. I know that there is a prompt warning that people have not responded yet, but there is nothing to block it, so they just close it and merge.

I'd like the option to enable more restriction around when a review can close, by either :

a) Marking selected reviewers as Required, and block the author from closing until those reviewers complete.
     or
b) Having the option to require that ALL added reviewers complete before it can close, and then implement the automatic add of reviewers for a given repo.

Is there existing functionality that will allow this, or anything similar?   Apologies if it's been asked before, but I didn't find anything similar in search.

3 answers

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2016

In Crucible 4.2 we introduced new "Workflow Conditions" API. You could use it to write your own plugin with the rule requested. Here is the tutorial:

https://developer.atlassian.com/fecrudev/tutorials/crucible-workflow-conditions-plugin-module-tutorial

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

You can have a (not great) workaround by configuring permissions so that only a designated user account (like a project Lead) or a designated Moderator role (Quality) is actually allowed to Close reviews.  They still have to manually confirm that all the "required" Reviewers are marked Complete, but it's better than nothing.

Lead/Moderator/Admin can't force a Reviewer account back to 'Uncomplete' if they think they need to look more/again, which is another feature request in the backlog, FYI. 

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

Hi Ernie,

This feature is currently not available, though I was able to find a feature request for this, which you can see at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-3808. Please feel free to vote and add any comments to it, as well as adding yourself as a watcher so you can track its progress directly. You may refer to Atlassian's policy for the implementation of new features.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events