Do all the Subversion end-users have to use SVNKit Client after Subversion is integrated with FishEye and JIRA?

Our Subversion users currently use TortoiseSVN as the client. After the integration, do all end-users need to switch from TortoiseSVN to SVNKit?

Another question, can be FishEye installed on the same server as JIRA? And can we modify the default port 8060 to something else?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

svnkit is a java implementation of svn, as such it only needs to go on the server. It's not an svn client, except maybe for fanatical java types.

It's used for solely for fisheye querying subversion repositories, or jira, if you use the jira-svn integration.

I understand it now, thank you Jamie

No problem. Feel free to mark my answer as correct, to help other people.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

301 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you