cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible best practices

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

Hi all,

I've been working with multiple teams on doing a Crucible(with Fisheye) POC. We've moved on to buying the licenses, but one of the things I'm going to have to produce is a series of best practices. I'm getting feed back from those who have participated in the POC, and read the limited bits in the Crucible docs, but I wanted to see if the community who has more experience with it has any specific practices they have found they needed, if so, what and why?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

Hi,

The first thing I'd recommend to do is to read Geoff Crain's post about code reviews. He's part of the Crucible development team and his post is full of good recommendations to have an optimal review process.

I do have more practical tips around reviews in Crucible, things related to the interface itself. Is that what you're looking for as well?

Sten
FishEye / Crucible Product Manager

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

Some other aspect depending on the culture of the company. There could be occasions in which managers may get suddently interested in the metrics of code reviews in which you may have some issues with Crucible. Another common question I have heard is whether a code review comment is accepted or not. Frankly the focus on review is not about having a status of a comment available in Crucible, but to get the code changed if the review is valid. Some times managers tend to forget this and require that we invent some way to find whether a comment is accepted or not. What we followed was to have a fixed string in the comment which says this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events