Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible - Reindex

Constantin Scheuermann March 3, 2014

Hi there,

i am totally new in Crucible and would like to know what re-indexing exactly means. What does it re-index? The SVN or something local, restricted to the Crucible instance.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2014

Hi Constantin,

a Crucible reindex (available in Global Settings/Crucible/Re-index) doesn't reindex any repository caches or indexes. Instead it recreates the Lucene index for Crucible reviews and comments, based on the data in your database. The Lucene index is used to populate review dashboards, and to do review search.

You shouldn't ever need to do it in normal usage. It is useful if the indexes get corrupted somehow, or if you manually modify/restore the database.

0 votes
Constantin Scheuermann March 4, 2014

Hi Kelly, hey Lukasz,

okay that was my concern that something influences the source repository. It's not in our reponsibility, thats why i need to be sure that nothing is changing it.

Somehow after my initial import crucible wants to reindex.

Thanks for your fast replies as always :)

Greetings Constantin

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Mmm, I think you mean the SCM reindexing options in the Fisheye admin page on the repo?

There is a little (?) popup next to almost each of the options I believe, and they give abit of help. We use git with Fisheye/Crucible, not Svn, but I believe they act the same - all the reindexing is in the Fisheye/Crucible database, nothing goes back to your source control system.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events