Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible: My users are whining -- I need answers to "a failed review"

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2014

I've been getting my users to play with Crucible/Fisheye so we can coming up with a common inspection process. They have questions -- I need answers:

2/ A designer will setup the review but his manager and those involved in the review want to know if the comments made in the review have been addressed?
- what constitutes a failed review and how would it show up in Crucible?
- simply knowing that your comment has been read, does not constitute that it has been resolved.
- I know I can "flag" a comment as a Defect and I can probably create another Jira issue from that flagged Defect but I don't want to. I already have a Jira defect issue opened for this review/code submission so I don't want to open more issues when the code hasn't been formally submitted yet.
- how do others handle this situation?

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Brent,

As can be seen here, a review cannot be flagged as "failed" because there is no such review state in the Crucible workflow

However, if a comment on a review is flagged as "Defect" and a JIRA issue has been created based on it, it can be understood that problems have been detected in the source code being reviewed, hence the review can be considered as "failed".

The outcome of the new JIRA issue will be a new commit with the necessary changes to fix the problem and close the JIRA issue, and a new review should be created for this new changeset committed, and this review will follow the same workflow as the previous one.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events