Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible/FishEye licensing question

meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2012

(i) I downloaded the evaluation copy of Crucible(v2.7.12) which (according to the docs) came with a 'light' version of FishEye . As far as the license purchase do I have to purchase a separate one for FishEye in addition to Crucible license?

(ii) From the document @ http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+Crucible?showComments=true&showCommentArea=true#addcomment

"If you have Crucible only (available from Crucible 1.6), you will need to set up the Crowd directory and application in the same way, following the instructions in Integrating Crowd with Atlassian FishEye."

by 'Crucible Only' does it mean Crucible with 'light' FishEye or Is there a way to set up not to use FishEye that comes with Crucible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2012

It means Crucible with 'light' FishEye. You don't need a license for Fisheye unless you want the Fisheye functionality in there!

meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012

Thanks Jobin!

(i) Does the 'light' version cost the same as the full-blown FishEye application version? I don't see different pricing tier on the site.

(ii) I would like to see just the Crucible functionalities with out the FishEye's. Is there a way to turn it off?

Please bear with me... for someone new to the product and evaluating for a purchase like me it is bit confusing.

(iii) While we are there let me ask this as well.... what is the difference between 'light' FishEye and the full-blown FishEye server? Is there a documentation or chart available that compares them both?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012

I don't know the differences for sure but this might give a headsup.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=154633623

Both are integrated into a single product but you can use Crucible alone (with light Fisheye to access the respositories) as mentioned in the docs.

meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012
meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012

Great! This is what I was looking for...

"To run Crucible without FishEye, you need to have a valid Crucible license but not a FishEye license. Crucible will actually use a "light" mode of FishEye when you do not have valid FishEye license. Light FishEye is bundled with Crucible and does not need to be installed separately. For more information on Crucible with light FishEye, see How is Crucible without FishEye different from using Crucible with FishEye? below."

"How is Crucible without FishEye different from using Crucible with FishEye?

The following changes in functionality will occur if you use Crucible without FishEye (i.e. use Crucible with "light" FishEye).

Conducting Reviews

• When using Iterative Reviews in Crucible, you will not be prompted when a new version of a file is available.

Viewing Repositories/Files

• Files and changesets displayed in activity streams (e.g. the dashboard activity stream) will not render as links to the relevant files/changesets.
  • You will not be able to see your content roots and repositories associated with projects.

Charts

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events