is it possible to connect Fisheye to JIRA built-in crowd?
I've been using the external crowd, but I'm wondering if that's necessary?
I'm not using LDAP nor any other external directory. I just had my users handled by crowd previously.
You can use your Jira internal crowd, they are essentially the same product. But I have to ask why? If you have an external Crowd which already works with Jira and Fisheye, then they share a SSO session, once a user is logged into one, they are logged into all. If you moved to Using Jira as your user server, you would lose this.
and to quote atlassian:
Please consider the following limitations when connecting to a JIRA server for user management:
- Maximum 500 users.
- Maximum 5 connected applications.
Atlassian's own check list says
If all the following are true:
- You have fewer than 500 users.
- You want to share user and group management across just a few applications, such as one JIRA server and one Confluence server, or two JIRA servers.
- You do not need single sign-on (SSO) between JIRA and Confluence, or between two JIRA servers.
- You do not have custom application connectors. Or, if you do have them, you are happy to convert them to use the new REST API.
- You are happy to shut down all your servers when you need to upgrade JIRA.
Your environment meets the optimal requirements for using JIRA for user management.
So if you still want to do it, the next step is to import the user data.... trouble is there is no easy way of doing this. If you look at these questions & their answers
the options are either writing a Jelly script or using the Jira command line interface from Bob Swift.
Over the next several weeks we'll be sharing some of our Getting Started guides here in the community. Throughout this series of posts, we'd love to hear from customers and non-customers ab...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs