Is it possible to upload users to JIRA from CSV?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

I have a bunch of new issues that I want to import into JIRA. These issues have ~50 new users tied to them (as assignee or reporter), but when I import the issues, there isn't a good option to set up how I want the new users created (I can't say which field is the user's name, which is email, etc).

Instead, I'd like to import all of the users first, hopefully with some additional options for specifying what each column contains. Is this possible? I've looked all over the User's Administration tab, and don't see any options for "Import Users". Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface has a couple of options for this type of thing:

1. addUserWithFile action has been available for a long time based on a specific csv format - an example is shipped with the distribution: examples/addUserWithFile.csv
  2. runFromCsv action is a newer, general purpose capability that can be used together with the addUser and addUserToGroup actions
  3. runFromSql can be used similarly if the data originates in a database
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

Hey Bob! Where is the addUserWithFile.csv file now? BB tells me the path is wrong OR I don't have access...

Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

I can get to the tag "tip"

CLI / src / itest / resources /

but the file is not there...

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

BB link is private now, so you will have to go to your distribution's examples directory.

Suggest an answer