Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring regular expression in Fisheye for SVN Symbolic Rules

CanTech SDE Team April 19, 2017

I'm attempting to configure a repository using SVN Symbolic Rules because my repository uses uppercase Trunk, Branches, and Tags instead of the expected lowercase. But I'm having trouble getting the Regular Expression correct. 

The repository takes the form:

As an example, for the Trunk, I tried the regular expression:

Regular Expression: ([Tt]runk){1}(.[^\/]+)
Name: ${1}
Logical Path Prefix: ${2}

When I run the URL using the Test Path:

https://svn.myrepository.com/svn/ABC/MyProject/Trunk/Some.config

It comes back with "No Logical Path"

I also tried using some of the examples I've seen in Atlassian's documentation, but they also don't seem to work.

Regular Expression: Trunk/([^/]+)
Name: ${1}
Logical Path Prefix: <blank>

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hello!

It looks like these are not among the default presets, so please make sure that you have "Use Built-in Symbolic Rules" unticked, and the "And then Apply the Following Rules" set to "Custom".

Also, please note that you can have more than one rule for the trunk / branches / tags structure by clicking the "Add" link next to them, so you can use more than one Regular Expression for each.

For example:

Here you can see that I have a file at "/trunk/file.txt".

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 17.32.03.png

Now, have a look at the SVN Symbolic Rules:

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 17.31.06.png

As can be seen here, I have defined more than one Regular Expression for Trunk, for Branches and for Tags, in order to make things easier.

When I typed the path "trunk/file.txt" and hit the "Test path" button, it was recognized as valid. If I modify the path to "Trunk/file.txt", it is also recognized as valid.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events