Branch is not removed from FishEye after deleted from git

for some reason when we delete a branch it is not removed from FishEye branch list. If we run 'git ls-remote origin' we can see it was deleted successfully.

I would really appriciate if someone can support me and let me know where is the problem ? The problem is that we have created many branches and many were removed from git but somehow they are still visible at FishEye.

Thank you,

1 answer

0 vote

Fisheye never removes anything from its index... but there is a little cog icon which if you pulldown has an item: "Show Deleted Directories". Maybe it's checked in your case?

"Show Deleted Directories" can you tell me where exactly I see that ?

Also I don't understand what does "deleted directories" have to do with branches?

Is it possible to hide unused/removed branches ?

Good question... in subversion terms they're the same thing. In git, I don't know. The cog is there somewhere, in the directory navigator.

I've searched high and low for the "Show Deleted Directories". I see a dropdown with 50 branches and none are the one I need. Does anyone know how to configure this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

552 views 6 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot