Is the following possible, or is there aplugin that already supports this process?
1. The user checks out some files into a Pending changelist in Perforce.
2. The user then selects a Perforce custom tool to start a review on the Affected files in the Pending changelist.
3. The tool sends a request to Crucible to create a Review and automatically add the Affected files in the Pending changelist to the Review.
4. The tool will then send a request to the crucible server to add a list of reviewers to the review. The reviewers will be a comma seperated list of usernames.
The reviewers will be automatically added to the newly created review.
The request in step 4, could be part of the same request to the crucible server as in step 3.
There is the REST API that provides the support to send the appropriate requests to the server.
It is documented under the Atlassian Developer section under the REST API Guilde:
Thanks for the reply Cameron.
This idea though unfortunately is not adequate as :
1. P4 triggers only work on the server and not the client
2. The checked out files that contain the changes for review are only in the local workspace to which the server has no knowledge.
To use this strategy developers would have to use the 'p4 shelve' feature which is not part of our Dev Process!
Hi Community friends, We're working on sourcing more reviews on Capterra – a popular software review site – to help teams like yours make more informed decisions when choosing an inc...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events