cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Confluence Enterprise with Jira/JSM Premium on the same site

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2024

Hello Everyone!

Everything I have found so far indicates that I should probably talk to support about this, but I thought I would ask directly just in case someone knows the answer.

My company is looking to upgrade our Confluence Cloud Premium to Enterprise.

However, this exists on the same site as our Jira Software & Jira Service Management which they intend to keep at Premium.

My question is, can we actually run mixed licensing on the same site?

The driving factor for this is an Enterprise Org to solve: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-10325

But I'm not sure this will actually work they way they want.  Any help answering this would be much appreciated.

Also, if the true answer is to contact support, I'll do that and update this question with the response.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2024

Yes, you can run a mixed environment like that, I actually have the exact same set up. We get Confluence Enterprise as part of Atlassian Together, and Jira/JSM are still on premium.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

Awesome!  Thank you @Mikael Sandberg!  I really appreciate the answer.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2024

Hey @Mikael Sandberg yes you can run a mixed environment, but what we really want to know is if you have access to "Disallow new products" for Jira and JSM on this screen:

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 12.50.57 AM.png

https://admin.atlassian.com/o/YOURORGID/product-requests/settings

1 vote
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2024

We run a few orgs and have mixed license levels on different products.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2024

Hey @Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM 

For us, the $48,000 question (cost to upgrade a 300-Agent JSM Premium instance to Enterprise) is with only one Enterprise Product whether you can edit the Product request settings for ALL products. Because if the text of the page is to be believed, you can only do it for products with an Enterprise subscription.

(In other words, there's no "cheap" workaround to this problem.)

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 12.41.35 AM.png

Because if not, then as I calculated here, the cost to upgrade our Confluence and Jira instances would be $384,000/yr more.

(SO FAR nobody has created a rogue JSM instance.)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2024

@Darryl Lee I think you are right it is only with products at the enterprise level.  

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

Looking forward to the answer! I haven't personally been in this situation.

Also, CLOUD-10325 makes me sad. 😢

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2024

Yeah.. and unfortunately we have been seeing too many new sites being created to continue letting it happen.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events