cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Metric from Jira Data

Quentin Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2023

Hello all,

Anyone currently producing the following metrics based on data that is captured via Jira Software?

Metric

Description

Story cycle time

how long does it take to complete a story once it's pulled in progress

Feature cycle time

how long does it take to complete a feature to production once it’s pulled in progress

Predictability

% of your planned work items do you meet within your time-box (ex: iteration/week/SLA)?

2 comments

Comment

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2023

The ActionableAgile app provides all these reports!

To be honest, I have zero personal experience with it, but the team who develops it is a veteran in the field, so I'd guess that app is super-useful.

Like Margaux likes this
Margaux August 7, 2023

Thank you @Aron Gombas _Midori_  for the tag! :)

Margaux August 7, 2023

Hi @Quentin Adams , 

I'm Margaux, Customer Manager Experience at 55 Degrees, ActionableAgile is our flow metrics tool which provides the insights you are looking for:

- Cycle Time: our Cycle Time Scatterplot shows the cycle time of your past work based on when it was started and finished. You can filter by issue type to only see stories or features. You can also decide to look at your cycle time for your whole workflow or a section of it (ie. from Testing to Release...)

- As your cycle time is plotted based on each issue cycle time and completion date, the chart will show you that 85% of all the work completed was done in 16 days or less, so if you start a piece of work today that is roughly similar to what you have done in the past, you have an 85% of completing it in 16 days or less. You can do single item forecasting with this chart. 

- For multiple items forecasting, we have the Monte Carlo Simulations charts: MC How Many (how many issues can your complete by a given date) and MC When (when will you be done with a specific amount of tickets). It uses your Throughput (rate at which you have completed work in the past) to forecast what you should be able to achieve in the future. 

If you have any other questions or would like to know more, feel free check our website https://support.55degrees.se/ (it contains all of product information and documentation) and to reach out to us at support@55degrees.se :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events