Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you typically handle user stories on a team with different roles?

Paul Siu May 20, 2023

I have used JIRA on different projects, but each time it's used somewhat differently. The topic will come up is how do managed user stories across team members.  The typical development workflow may go something like

1. User story creation
  2. Development
  3. Testing
  4. Rework
  5. Deployment

These role are typically managed by different team members (QA, developer, etc). I have seen this way handled differently. One method I see is that the story is assigned to one person at a time. So the story would start out as being created by the product owner who fill out the story description and estimate with the collaboration with the rest of the team and then when the story is in a sprint, it get assigned to different people depending on the stage.

On some team though, the story gets broken down into multiple subtask for different teams, one for each role. I am not entirely sure I like this approach though. I think it's because I rather keep it simple.

Obviously, there is no one right way to do things, but I was wondering if I can get some input on how people approach this and what the pros and cons are?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events