Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Requirement implement by single automation.

Lavanya MC September 19, 2023

1.When Epic is moved to Development, an development issue should get created automatically and gets assigned to whoever moved the issue to development.

2.When Epic is moved to Deployment, an Testing issue should get created automatically and gets assigned to whoever moved the issue to development.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 142039.pngScreenshot 2023-09-19 142217.pngScreenshot 2023-09-19 142253.png

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Lavanya MC , I would get rid of your branches and use an if/else. If status = development then create development issue and set epic link to trigger issue, else if status = deployment then ...

Lavanya MC September 22, 2023

Hii @Jack Brickey thanks for your response , Yes I agree with you but what is the problem using branches instead of if/else , I am fresher in Jira can you please suggest me which one is better .

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2023

The branches are not needed here. Branches are used to action on related issues. In your case you are showing may creating new issues. An often used example of using a branch is if you create a new issue and then add subtasks to that newly created issue...

trigger - issue transitioned

condition - xxxxx

action - create issue

branch - for most recently created issue

action - add sub-tasks

Like Lavanya MC likes this
Lavanya MC September 28, 2023

Yes I understood , Thanks for your time @Jack Brickey 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events