Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Comments usong CSV file

Cristina - Elena Andrei June 21, 2023

Hello,

I have to import a CSV file when  i have issues with multiple comments. I made separate columns for each comment  -> comment 1, comment 2 etc. Will necessary to create also columns for Create date since the comments given the fact that the comments were added on different days? Or on the same day but the difference of seconds, hours, minutes?

Thank you!

2 comments

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2023

Hi @Cristina - Elena Andrei ~ the comment date (and user) info goes in the same column with your comment and is separated by a semicolon (example below):

21/Jun/23 11:12 AM;<username>;<comment>

Like Tim Perrault likes this
  • Thank You, the file that i have to import has already a separate column with date and time , separate column with the one who commented and another column with comment
Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2023

Hi @Cristina - Elena Andrei 

The columns for each comment can also contain the date/timestamp with comment.

Date; AAID of the comment author; Comment

Example:

30/MAY/10 11:20; 620bxxxxxxxxxx0069601a2d; This is a comment.

Thank You, the file that i have to import has already a separate column with date and time , separate column with the one who commented and another column with comment

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2023

Yea you will need to combine those. You could use the CONCAT function to combine the 3 columns and then take the values and paste them into a new column. Then get rid of the 4 extra columns (the original date of comment, author of comment, comment, and that function column).

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events