Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue link created, then disappears without a history event

Amir Katz _Jira Admin_ March 12, 2024

Hi,

I am managing a Jira Server instance. I am fully aware that it's not supported anymore...

I am also aware that this group is for Data Center, but there is no forum group for Jira Server, so apologies. I am told that the software for Server and Data Center is basically identical (not sure how accurate this is, though ).

We have defined a new type of issue link, and people are using it, usually w/o any problem.

In some cases, the created link disappears and there are no history entries in the two issues that were linked.

One immediate suspect was that an automation rule is doing that, but:

1. There is no global or project-specific rule that modifies this issue link type

2. Even if there was such an automation, a history event should be added in the two issues of the link.

I can get access to the Jira server logs, so what should I be looking for? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Amit Girme March 12, 2024

@Amir Katz _Jira Admin_ 

As far as I know, there is no way to bypass the history in Jira unless you directly update the database.

You will need to locate the exact moment in the log file when someone linked the ticket and it has a problem. Then you can get some idea of what is happening. Check logs in jira-home as well as Catalina.

Amir Katz _Jira Admin_ March 12, 2024

Thank you, my assertion exactly about bypassing audit.

No one is accessing the DB directly (I would kill them if they did...)

Will check the logs.

Taylor Chase March 12, 2024

You can bypass at least some history entries by making the "correct" API calls in Jira - Do you have any plugins installed?  I know we had this issue at one point when we were using an older version of the Big Picture plugin (which does its own link/dependency management).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events