Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I consider the number of the app licenses if I have two different Jira products?

Aya AlJboor June 14, 2021

How can I consider the number of the app licenses if I have two different Jira products?

shall I attach the license to specific product?

E.g. I have:

• Jira Software: 500 users
  • Jira Service Management: 50 users

I want to purchase Tempo timesheet for both products, how many number of licenses should I purchase?  

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021

Hi @Aya AlJboor

when purchasing the license it will be available across the instance, for both Jira Software and Jira Service Management.

Marketplace mentions this by:

Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Management, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Aya AlJboor ,

Not sure if you have seen it already, but just quoting it here again

Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product. For Jira 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (500 users) and Jira Service Management (25 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 500-user tier for apps.

For versions of Jira prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly. Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Management, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/tempo-timesheets-time-tracking-reports?hosting=server&tab=pricing

Aya AlJboor June 14, 2021

thanks @Niranjan,

I have already seen it but my question is shall I buy the app for both product separately?

because when I am trying to generate quote, it asks me to specify the product that I want to attach it to the app! so if I select jira software, it will not work on jira service management?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events