Guest user's and SSO

Jan Erik Musiol March 9, 2022

Hi!

We are running Crowd, Jira and Confluence on Data Center. We are trying to give some guest users from our Azure AD access to Jira and Confluence. The users are provisioned and appearing in Crowd, Jira and Confluence the same way as our none-gues users. All looks ok, untill they try to login with SSO. When they try to login with SSO our Azure enterprise app shows "success" in the log, however Jira and Confluence prompt the user with an error "We can't log you in right now". If we check the error identifier in our logs it says ......"Received SSO request for user xxx@xxxx.dk, but the user does not exist". We find this strange as we see the users under user managament in Jira and Confluence, and they have been added to  to the licensgroup.

User error SSO.png

One "side note" is that the "user principal id" in our Azure AD is different from the id used in the SSO request(id in SSO request is the users mail address, not the "user principal id".

According to the error given in our logs the SSO request is made towards the guest user's mail address. The user principal id in Azure AD is different than the email address, so I am thinking this might be the reason for the error prompted("Received SSO request for user xxx@xxxx.dk, but the user does not exist"), however I have tried to change the setting in the Azure ad SSO app, so it uses either mail address, or user principal id, but we are prompted the same error regardless if the SSO app is set to use mail address or user principal id. So it seems that the error lies somewhere else. 

Does anyone have an idé what might be the cause of the error prompted locally in Jira and Confluence? ("Received SSO request for user xxx@xxxx.dk, but the user does not exist"). As mentioned we see the users under user management, and they seem to be provisioned correctly. 

I have attached the error from the logs. 

I aslo found a post in the community from 2018 that might be related to this issue, however I am not sure if this is still relevant. image.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events