Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business continuity and disaster recovery strategies

Tobias June 6, 2023

Hello togehter,

in today's digital business world, the necessity of Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) concepts in the corporate environment is undeniable. BC/DR concepts aim to ensure business continuity and resilience by preventing and recovering from potential disruptions and disasters.

These concepts minimize downtime, data loss, and financial damages. They encompass emergency planning, data backups, system restoration, and testing procedures. BC/DR concepts are crucial for maintaining critical business functions even under adverse circumstances.

Natural disasters, human errors, cyber attacks, and hardware failures can impact businesses. BC/DR concepts enable swift recovery and damage limitation.

Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) also benefit from BC/DR measures, as they often have limited resources.

Implementing BC/DR concepts ensures business continuity, minimizes disruptions, and enhances long-term stability and competitiveness of companies. This discussion will explore the significance, challenges, and best practices of BC/DR concepts in the corporate environment.

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to discuss possible backup options. I would just like to throw the following questions into the room:

- Do you use some kind of war room to keep your documentation available in case the entire environment is compromised? If so, how do you back up? How do you export the content for such an war room in your company?
- Do you use backup strategies other than those recommended by Atlassian?
- Does anyone have experience with XML restores and would like to share it here?

I would simply like to gather as many experiences as possible.

Greetings
Tobias

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events