Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The story that old and reliable utilities sometimes need troubleshooting on new OS (CentOS 8)

Hello community,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov is in touch. Today, I want to share with you a short story about how trustworthy tools unexpectedly break on new operating systems, and how easy they are to be repaired.

So, we all know that centos.rip, after a very period of time, so I am migrating everywhere to Oracle Linux 8.

image.png

My favorite tool for setting up PostgreSQL servers is postgresqltuner.pl, which I have already covered in this article.

Setting up as usual is very simple:

# dnf install -y perl-DBD-Pg
# wget -O postgresqltuner.pl https://postgresqltuner.pl
# chmod +x postgresqltuner.pl

But this time, when I ran the script, I encountered such a problem after command,

# ./postgresqltuner.pl --ssd
Can't locate Memoize.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Memoize module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at ./postgresqltuner.pl line 262.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./postgresqltuner.pl line 262.

I have been looking for a solution on the Internet for a long time, but since I did not find it, I share the coveted team that solves the problem right away.

# dnf install perl

Then, as usual, start and enjoy.

# ./postgresqltuner.pl  --ssd

This tip works great on RHEL-based OS such as CentOS 8, RHEL8 and tested on Oracle Linux 8.

Have a good day! 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events