Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: Traditions

Kaitlynn Tillett December 11, 2018

Pie, Christmas lights, and the smell of pine; many different things may have become synonymous with the holiday season by relation over the years. Traditions are a popular thing during this time of year that can make your holiday season feel special and one-of-a-kind, and can also trigger nostalgia after years of doing the same tradition. In my family, we have the tradition of celebrating Christmas night with the whole family, including relatives from out of state, and doing a gift exchange. 

So that brings us to today's topic Tuesday: What holiday traditions do you celebrate?

3 comments

Comment

Kim Tillett December 12, 2018

This isn't Christmas related, but growing up, my Dad always insisted on a fire in the fireplace on Halloween night.  This may not sound unreasonable, but I grew up in Phoenix, AZ and can only remember one year out of my entire childhood where it was actually cool enough to even remotely warrant a fire. 

But, Dad grew up in upstate New York where it's actually cold in the fall and always had a fire on Halloween night as a kid.  He passed that on to my sister and I and now it's become a holiday tradition in our house, no matter if it's 40 degrees or 80!

Like # people like this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

We always put our tree up on the day after thanksgiving. I can't remember a year where this did not happen. This year we've been pretty busy, so the tree is still yet to be decorated, but hey, it's up!

Like Kim Tillett likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2018

All 7 of the houses on our end of the block line their yard with candy canes strung with lights.  Most of us do this the Sunday after Thanksgiving and that evening we all get together for a block party/chili supper.  We've done this for over 10 years and this year we lost our dear friend and neighbor Ron Storms, so, we named the chili supper after him.  It's a great time building community and relationships while celebrating the season.

Also, there's always a Grinch or two lurking around my house, office, car, person ... :-)

Image result for grinch

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events